Instagram launched a vertical video TV app to disrupt the market that is primarily controlled by YouTube.
This was done at a promotional event where people like Twitch and Fortnite Star Tyler “Ninja” Blevins, and Vine and Instagram star Lele Pons were present.
So here are a few things to keep in mind to help you guys get started on Instagram TV.
- The app is live and in the Apple’s App store and Google’s Play store.
- The length of the videos can only be between 15 seconds at the minimum and 10 minutes at the longest.
- Only accounts that are verified will get to upload videos up to 60 minutes or 1 hour, but we hope to see this feature rolled out to all accounts.
This was seen when Instagram rolled out its swipe up feature in the stories that was for only verified accounts and was later rolled out for all.
- The only supported file format right now is MP4.
- The Videos are vertical, so the aspect ratio is very different from landscape video. 4:5 is the minimum aspect ratio and 9:16 is the maximum.
- Maximum file size is 650 MB for regular users. Verified accounts with the 60 minute videos can upload up to 5.4 GB of video content
- An important thing to remember is that this new platform also follows the community guidelines as does Instagram.
So any content that violates their terms and conditions may be removed.
It even has the same “Report” feature to help the community report inappropriate content.