As the digital marketing industry continues to grow, so does the number of fake digital marketers. In India, it is estimated that 75% of all digital marketers are fake, and they are looking for jobs. This is a problem because employers are often duped into hiring these fake marketers, who then do not deliver on their promises.
The rise of a fake digital marketer in India
There has been a rise in the number of fake digital marketers in India. These are people who claim to be experts in digital marketing but do not have the skills or experience to back up their claims. They often create fake profiles on job websites and social media and contact potential employers with false information.
These fake digital marketers can be very convincing. They may have a good understanding of digital marketing jargon and techniques. However, they lack the practical skills and experience needed to be a successful digital marketer. As a result, they often end up costing their employers time and money and causing them reputational damage.
If you're looking to hire a digital marketer in India, it's important to do your research and only work with reputable agencies or individuals. Checking references and previous work is essential. Otherwise, you could end up hiring a fake digital marketer who will only cause problems for your business.
How to spot fake digital marketers?
There are a few things you can look for to spot fake digital marketers.
1. Lack of experience
Many fake digital marketers will claim to have years of experience, but when you look at their portfolio, it's clear they're just starting out.
2. Another red flag is when they promise guaranteed results
No one can guarantee results in digital marketing, because there are too many factors beyond their control. If someone claims they can, they're probably not being honest.
3. Be wary of anyone who asks for payment/increase of salary upfront
They try this as they are also not sure how long they can survive with unskilled knowledge.
4. Check their credentials
Many fake digital marketers will not have the proper credentials from an accredited institution. Second, look at their portfolio. A fake digital marketer is likely to have a portfolio that is either non-existent or full of low-quality work.
5. Ask them questions about digital marketing strategies and see how they respond
A fake digital marketer is likely to give vague or incorrect answers. Finally, trust your gut. If something feels off about a digital marketer, it's probably because they're not legitimate.
How do they get through an interview with coping others Linkedin profiles?
Most digital marketers in India are not qualified for the jobs they apply for. They rely on copying other people's LinkedIn profiles to get through interviews. This is not a sustainable strategy, and it often leads to them being caught and fired.
Many digital marketers in India use fake LinkedIn profiles to get through interviews.
They create profiles that list skills and experience that they do not actually have. They also often copy the profile , Bio of someone else.
This helps them to gain the trust of potential employers and get the job that they want. When they are interviewed, they rely on their ability to bluff their way through the interview. They try to sound confident and knowledgeable about the subject matter. However, they often do not know as much as they claim to.
Some digital marketers get hired even though they use fake LinkedIn profiles. However, many are eventually caught and fired. It is important, to be honest on your LinkedIn profile and only list skills and experience that you actually have.
Learn how they fake & confuse you
1. Many digital marketers in India are fakes, and they use other people's LinkedIn profiles to get through interviews.
2. They copy the profiles of real digital marketers and use them as their own.
3. They often use the same profile photo and resume, which makes it easy for companies to spot them.
4. They usually don't have any real work experience, and they often make up skills that they don't actually have.
5. They often don't know anything about digital marketing, and they rely on interviewers to tell them what to say.
6. They usually don't get the job in the end, because their lack of knowledge and experience is evident.
However, these fake digital marketers often don't have the skills or experience that they claim to have. This can eventually lead to them getting fired from their job. Additionally, their copied LinkedIn profile can also get them into trouble with the law.
Overall, it's important to be careful when hiring digital marketers in India. Make sure to verify their credentials and experience before hiring them.
Some Tips To spot fake digital people
1. How do they drop keywords to crack interviews? HR failed to identify them
Digital marketers in India are known to use various techniques to "drop" keywords during interviews in order to appear more knowledgeable about the subject. This often fools HR personnel who are not well-versed in the industry. As a result, these fake digital marketers are able to get jobs that they are not qualified for.
2. What kind of questions do they ask related to tools and software?
Fake digital marketers will often ask questions related to tools and software that they have no intention of using. This is done in order to impress the interviewer and make it appear as if they are knowledgeable about the latest trends in the industry. However, these questions are often easily caught by those who are familiar with the industry.
3. They lack knowledge but pretend like they know everything
One of the biggest giveaways of a fake digital marketer is their lack of knowledge about the industry.
Despite this, they will often pretend like they know everything in order to make a good impression on the interviewer. This often leads to them getting caught out when they are asked more difficult questions.
When it comes to finding a job in digital marketing, fake marketers are willing to go to great lengths to appear qualified. One of the most common ways they do this is by dropping keywords during the interview process. By using relevant keywords, they are able to fool HR departments into thinking they are qualified for the position.
However, these fake marketers are not always able to fool everyone. experienced digital marketers can often spot them during the interview process. This is because they often lack the necessary knowledge and skills required for the job. As a result, they are not able to answer questions correctly or provide relevant examples of their work.
Fake digital marketers are a problem in India because they are taking jobs away from qualified candidates.
Not only that, but they are also causing companies to waste time and money on training them. As a result, it is important for companies to be aware of this issue and take steps to avoid hiring these types of candidates.
Their knowledge is from WhatsApp forwards & reels in Instagram & not formal education
A recent study found that a significant percentage of digital marketers in India are looking for jobs. This is because their knowledge is based on WhatsApp forwards and other unreliable sources. As a result, they are not able to effectively market products or services.
This is a problem for businesses in India that are looking to hire digital marketers. They need to be able to trust that the person they are hiring has the necessary skills and knowledge. Otherwise, they will not be able to get the results they are looking for.
There are a few ways to solve this problem. First, businesses can only hire digital marketers who have been properly trained. Second, they can provide training for digital marketers who are already employed. This will help to ensure that they have the skills and knowledge needed to be successful.
Overall, it is important for businesses in India to be aware of the problem of fake digital marketers. They need to make sure that they are hiring someone who is qualified and capable of doing the job.
1. How do they try to win confidence with a few digital hacks & tricks to show off at work?
There are a lot of fake digital marketers in India who are looking for jobs. They try to win the confidence of potential employers by showing them a few digital hacks that they know. However, these hacks are usually not very effective and can often be easily detected.
2. Bloated experience
Another way that fake digital marketers try to win the confidence of potential employers is by lying about their experience. They may claim to have worked on big projects when they have actually only done small tasks. Or they may say that they have years of experience when they only have a few months. Lying about their experience is another way that fake digital marketers try to win the confidence of potential employers.
3. Unprofessional behavior
This includes things like being late for meetings, not responding to emails, and not following through on commitments.
These fraudsters are often difficult to spot. They may have some digital skills, but they lack the experience and knowledge to really help businesses grow online. As a result, they end up doing more harm than good.
If you're hiring a digital marketing person in India, be sure to do your research. Make sure the agency is reputable and has a good track record. Also, ask for references and case studies so you can see the results they've achieved/managed for other clients in the past.
4. How they waste digital budgets ? as they spend random to keep their jobs
1. How they waste digital budgets: Many fake digital marketers in India waste their budgets on unnecessary or random things in order to keep their jobs. This often leads to poor results and wasted money.
2. They don't understand digital marketing: They often don't really understand digital marketing. This lack of understanding leads to poor decision-making and bad results.
3. They're only in it for the money: Many fake digital marketers in India are only in it for the money. They don't care about providing good results or helping their clients succeed. All they care about is getting paid.
4. They're not committed to their work: They are often not committed to their work. They half-heartedly do their jobs and don't put in the extra effort that is needed for success.
5. They're dishonest: They are often dishonest about their work and their results. They may try to hide the negative aspects of their work or exaggerate the positive aspects. This dishonesty can lead to mistrust from clients.
6. They don't know how to create targeted campaigns. To create targeted campaigns, we need to first identify our audience ( buyers persona, Buyers journey, TOFU.MOFU, BOFU & golden Rules ) and then create content that is relevant to them. Once we have done this, we can then use various digital marketing tools and techniques to reach out to our target audience and get them to take action. Fake guys will not know this process.
How they copy others' digital strategies?
1. There are a lot of fake digital marketers in India who copy other people's digital strategies. They do this by looking at what strategies are working for their competitors and then trying to replicate them. Often, they are not successful because they do not understand the nuances of digital marketing and end up making a lot of mistakes. Additionally, they may not be able to keep up with the latest trends and changes in the digital marketing world. As a result, their copied strategies may become outdated quickly.
2. These fake digital marketers often create low-quality content that is full of errors. They also use a lot of spammy techniques, such as keyword stuffing, which can actually hurt your website's ranking in search engines.
3. Fake digital marketers may also resort to black hat SEO techniques, such as link buying or link farms, which can get your website penalized by Google.
Fake digital marketers can be a problem for businesses because they may not be getting the results they want. Additionally, these marketers may be taking money from businesses that could be used to hire a more qualified and experienced digital marketer. If you are considering hiring a digital marketer, be sure to do your research to ensure that you are hiring someone who is qualified and who will be able to provide you with the results you are looking for.
Without having fundamental digital knowledge, mostly they are self-proclaimed digital experts
They don't have any fundamental knowledge about digital marketing, but they're self-proclaimed experts. This makes it difficult for companies to find qualified digital marketers. Make sure that the person you're considering hiring has a solid understanding of digital marketing fundamentals. Ask them to show you examples of their work, and see if they're able to use the tools they claim to be experts in. By doing your due diligence, you can avoid hiring someone who isn't actually qualified for the job.
These people are often looking for jobs that require little to no experience and are willing to work for very low wages. As a result, they often end up taking jobs away from qualified digital marketers who actually know what they're doing.
This can damage the reputation of the client and make it difficult for them to find work in the future. It is important to be careful when hiring someone to do digital marketing work and to make sure that they are actually qualified to do the job.
If you are struggling with the issues mentioned above reach out to us. We have solutions for this. Our Dedicated B2B Knowledge Audit Process can stop unwanted, unskilled resources to enter your organization.
Our Process is Impossible to Hack by Humans, can't be googled to pass the test & followed by Video interviews by domain experts. This will be difficult to bypass any fake digital resources.