What is Linktree?Linktree is a free tool for optimising your social media traffic and club links to multiple platforms under one umbrella link. With this bio link, bloggers, artists, entrepreneurs or anyone can house all their content they’re driving followers to. This will let their content live longer than the feed.
Why is Linktree important?
- The app allows one to add numerous links/call-to-action buttons.
- One can direct traffic to specific blog articles, product pages, or other target pages on their website and add as many links as one wants to.
- The links can be are tracked and their performance, analysed afterwards.
01. The music industry:
Various artistes have used Linktree to sell their concert tickets, merchandise, albums and what not. Linktree has been getting a lot of recognition from A-list West Coast artistes such as Alicia Keys and even the team of the late hip hop legend Tupac Shakur.
02. Fine dining:
This tool is very popular among chefs because their unique recipes have a strong demand online and thus, a very long life span as compared to any other types of content shared on social media. This prompts them to club all recipe-specific content and expose their followers to all the content they can consume anywhere they want to, on one window.
- Australian chef Donna Hay gets her recipes published in her magazine. But Linktree helps her club all her posts from YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. The publication house also hints at different social media platforms with social icons with the Linktree Pro service.
- Chef Jamie Oliver uses Linktree with a stunning background visual to hook his followers to a plethora of content ranging from his recipe to books and merchandise. One can also play with good background images to attract people.
03. Tourism industry:
Even the government of Queensland uses a spectacular tourism-building strategy by listing 7 activities one can have fun with in their country, by using Linktree.
How TDF used Linktree?Since the initial stage, TDF has been using Linktree to compress its varied social media channels under one umbrella link. Promotion and content life span has been better since TDF started following the steps below:
- Type Linktr.ee on your browser and press ‘Enter’
- Select Sign up for free
- You can Sign up with Instagram or with Linktree
- If you sign up with Instagram, authorise Linktree to use notifications on the platform.
- Fill up the basic information to proceed
- Choose between free and paid platforms to start
- Add links of different platforms one after the other to create one Linktree link
- Test the Linktree link and then copy the link
- Update and save the link on your profile
- It’s done! Now anyone clicking the bio link will see the list of links to your best social media posts.
How Linktree benefited TDF?
- Before using Linktree, our Instagram bio link directed our followers to our website only. Now it exposes them to our YouTube, Facebook, Slideshare, Twitter, Quora, Instagram and LinkedIn accounts as well.
- Our followers can now consume our content on the platform of their choices with a single click, instead of having to find us through the website.
- The Linktree link also shows a lot more social proof than just a website and thus evokes interest among our followers to find out more about us.
Linktree best practices
- Linktree advises 3-7 links under one bio link for optimum customer engagement. This is because too many links may confuse the target audience.
- The links are centralised for view. So, the best way to grab some eyeballs is by using background images that fill in the spaces around the links with stunning and brand-specific visuals.
Linktree alternatives:Here are the other options for your various marketing needs:
- fm: Here, bios work like blocks and one can rearrange these blocks to improve the profile.
- LinkinBio: Another Instagram-friendly portal, one can also schedule linked posts in future.
- ContactInBio: This leverages different forms of messenger apps for easy communication
- TapBio: This platform focuses only on Instagram marketing
- LnkBio: This works almost similar to Linktree