National Video Games Day - 12th September
Video Games! From ‘Bertie the Brain’ in 1950 that was played on a 4 meters tall vacuum tube computer machine to PUBG or Pokemon Go of our days.
According to Newzoo, the global games market is estimated to be $152.1 bn & is expected to grow by 17.1% by 2021. Mobile gaming remains the largest segment in 2019:
- Brings 50% revenue to the gaming industry
- Is growing +10.2% Y-o-Y
- Has 5.112 bn unique mobile users
And there’s gamification put to uses in marketing:
- dedicated gaming apps to market products/services
- pop up in-game ads for promotion
- mobile digital marketing even to promote the new games themselves
Finally, gaming is not synonymous with entertainment or time-pass anymore. The scope of professional gaming as a lucrative career. A 16-Year-old won $3M in a Fornite World Cup recently & became a sensation. Read: https://cnb.cx/2kj4Xbz
Game so not over!