Content Marketing is not easy. As much as it is needed to build a brand on digital platforms, it is also essential to guide by the rules content marketing imposes.
Sometimes people think that creating a website is easy, if you have a list of competitors who have decent / generic website architecture and content, they get tempted to simply copy and paste the whole website just like that of the competition.
In reality when creating a website there are many steps which you have to follow. You need to have a clear understanding of the customer – how they interact with the website, which information are crucial for them to help them ease their pain areas, etc. Once you have that, you focus on creating a website information architecture which encompasses not only the base architecture (sitemap) but also takes into account the design and content. And most importantly, one needs to create their own unique content otherwise Google ensures that website having plagiarized content are severely penalized.
Here’s some healthy reading materials on how to ensure that you maintain consistency across platform.
- What is Persona & Why it being important?
- Buyer personas allow you to focus on the challenges and pain points of your prospects and provide you with an intricate and precise stream of marketing power to hit the right people at the right time, with the right content.
- Furthermore, having concise buyer personas helps you to segment your audience and contacts – allowing you to deliver forensically accurate, targeted messaging. In a time of information overload, you want to be specific and detail orientated.
- Information Architecture & It’s importance:
- Information architecture is all about organizing the content in a way that it can be understood in an easiest manner.
- In terms of digital design, information architecture is about organizing the content of your websites, apps or software in a manner so that the users can understand and find the content they need and also help them to know where they are currently while using the service.
- Why Not to Copy/Paste Content:
Disclaimer:- The above story is a work of fiction, based on the collective experiences shared by the digital community. This effort is dedicated to all the digital pain, frustration, half-baked knowledge, unenthusiastic digital approach we see around us. This content is for the sole purpose of entertainment. Any resemblance to the story & character is 100% unintentional & was meant to be avoided. No digital idiots have been harmed during the making of this content.
Want to share it? Go ahead! Remember to put in the credits as well.