How to Spot a Fake digital CV or fake digital LinkedIn Profile?
- Carefully read his/ her Bio then read the about me section, if you find a change in tonality, then it's definitely copied from other profiles.
- Check their career moves in digital, we saw suddenly a 15 yrs experienced call center manager became the Chief digital Head after doing 2 online courses.
- If he/ she is a digital person then his online behavior will show it. Get an expert to track & audit this for you.
- People Buy Certificates, Google Answers to pass tests & buy Digital Awards to prove supremacy. Ask them to talk on any digital topic for 5 mins then ask them to draw a diagram to execute them in your organisation.90% of fake will not pass this test.
- When you're looking at a digital CV or LinkedIn profile, there are some telltale signs that it might be fake. First of all, check the grammar and spelling. If there are any mistakes, it's possible that the person didn't write the CV themselves.
- Another red flag is if the person has listed skills or experience that seem too good to be true. For example, if they claim to be an expert in everything from web design to marketing, it's likely that they're exaggerating their skills.
- No blogs or articles or any major digital contributions from this are easy to check on LinkedIn.
- Their personal website or Twitter handle will say nothing. They still know what to do with Twitter.
- Listen to their Online video or any video in which they are talking to the camera on digital topics. You can make out easily from that how incompetent are they.
- We observed across 500 CVs audited by us that mostly enter digital careers using the SEO route & there is nothing wrong with it. The sad part is that they remain there forever with SEO knowledge only.
- They enter as copywriters, or even designers ( not UX/UI but traditional designers ), and try to settle down as Digital heads. No offense here, but they remain with this forever too. They don't have fundamental Marketing knowledge at all.
- Mostly they lack branding knowledge. Check their post on Social media mostly they repost motivational and branding quotes, and ask them to talk on any one post for 2 mins.
- An easy way to catch a fake is to ask them to draw a diagram & explain how his knowledge he /s he can execute your company.
- Ask them to draw a digital Ecosystem and how they are connected.
- Ask them to show u how Buyers journey & buyers mapping ate done to build-ups the Content marketing funnel.
- Ask them to show you how buyers' persona is done & application in the real world to build content.
- Application on data visualization, ask them simple math.
- Show them a google analytics Chart & try to interpret all visible insights.
- Check the person's employment history. If they have listed a lot of different jobs in a short period of time, or if their job titles don't match up with the company's website, this could be a red flag. Sometimes they call themselves CEO, COO,CXO, or Cofounders in some start-ups to just show off their credibility. Check their background vs the designation they are telling you on Linkedin.
- Next, take a look at the person's education history. If they have listed fewer professional degrees & more diplomas from some online course ask them how to use that knowledge in your organization. Test their application-based knowledge rather than dropping keywords.
- Check the person's references. If they have listed fake references, or if their references don't have real contact information, this is a strong indication that the person's CV is not legitimate. Call any 3 references and ask them to describe the role he/she was in that company. Mostly fake guys give references of their juniors and not seniors or ex-colleagues.
- Ask them deeper questions based on the certificates they are showing off. Hire an expert to do this job.
- Go to an activity on their Linkedin, and you can easily see what they do. You will see that they only like on posts all day.
What are the recent times digital Cv are mostly fake in India?In recent times, it has been found that a large number of CVs in India are fake.
This is because many people want to impress potential employers by providing false information about their qualifications and work experience. As a result, employers often find it difficult to identify the most qualified candidates.
A study by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) found that nearly 60% of CVs contained false information. The most common false claims were related to qualifications and work experience. For example, many candidates claimed to have completed degrees from prestigious universities that they had not actually attended. Others inflated their work experience or provided false references.
This problem is compounded by the fact that many employers do not verify the information in CVs. As a result, they often rely on the information provided without checking its accuracy. This can lead to them making bad hiring decisions and choosing candidates who are not actually qualified for the job.
To avoid this problem, employers should always verify the information in CVs before making a decision. They can do this by checking qualifications and references with the relevant institutions. By taking these steps, they can ensure that they hire the best possible candidates for their company.
Manipulation of CVs and LinkedIn Profiles in India
There is no doubt that the manipulation of CVs and LinkedIn profiles is a widespread problem in India.A recent study found that nearly 60% of CVs contain false information, and almost 80% of LinkedIn profiles are inflated or inaccurate in some way. The most common areas of manipulation are educational qualifications, work experience, and skills. Many people inflate their qualifications in order to make themselves look more impressive to potential employers. Others pad their work experience by including jobs that they never actually held. And many people list skills that they don't actually possess. The problem with this kind of manipulation is that it can lead to people being hired for jobs that they're not qualified for. This can be disastrous for both the employer and the employee. The employer ends up with someone who can't do the job, and the employee ends up in a situation where they're in over their head. If you're an employer, it's important to be aware of this problem and to take steps to ensure that the people you hire are qualified for the jobs they're applying for or reach out to us. We have a solution for you.
ConclusionThe job market is increasingly competitive, and it's no wonder that so many people are resorting to resume fraud and LinkedIn profile manipulation in order to get ahead. However, this behavior is ultimately self-defeating, as employers are becoming savvier about detecting fake information. If you want to be successful in the job market, focus on developing your skills and presenting yourself honestly.
If you are struggling with the issues mentioned above reach out to us. We have solutions for this. Our Dedicated B2B Knowledge Audit can stop unwanted, unskilled resources to enter your organization.
Our Process is Impossible to Hack by Humans, can't be googled to pass the test & followed by Video interviews by domain experts. This will be difficult to bypass for fake digital marketers.
You save Time, Energy & Stop bad profiles from entering your system.
Reach out only for B2B Digital Profiles Audit Solution ~ [email protected]